Monday, August 26, 2013

Dragon / Lizard / Alligator Tail Beanie for Baby

I just finished creating this beanie (and pattern) for a friend who is soon to be auntie! It was so much fun to experiment with this pattern and see what worked and what didn't. I chose to create my own pattern for this because there aren't a whole lot of options on Etsy or just from using google search. There are a few crochet patterns, but unfortunately I don't know how to crochet! I'm working on the final touches of the pattern and will have that up soon in my Etsy, Ravelry, and Craftsy shops.


I am super excited and proud of this pattern and beanie! It turned out super adorable. It's perfect for the alligator themed baby room and wardrobe! I've made two variations so far, the first picture is the alligator version with two rows of fins. The second picture (below) is the classic dinosaur or lizard tail, with one row of fins. 


Now I'm working on getting the pattern set for all of the different measurements for babies, children, and of course adults, because we all need a dragon or alligator tail beanie in my opinion!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, these are the cutest things ever.
    Starting to try for baby in December, and most certainly seek you out for help with getting my hands on one of these.

    Please tell me you sell online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! My etsy shop is here https://www.etsy.com/shop/SaraMarieCreations

      If you want to work something out or request a custom item you can email me too. My email address smgarcia1986@gmail.com

      Im on a beanie knitting spree haha!

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! I need to make one for my son! Thanks for sharing it on Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute beanie my son would love it!
    I found you through Harvest of Friends Weekend Blog Hop.

    Have a great weekend , Kim
    http://thisolemom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete